10 Jan Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
At Mitchell Dental Spa, we offer a full range of cosmetic dentistry treatments, including porcelain veneers of the finest quality. While porcelain veneers are rightly known for their pivotal role in aesthetic smile transformations, they are actually quite versatile. In fact, among appropriate candidates, porcelain veneers can even be used to correct minor misalignment, bite problems, and certain other orthodontic issues, without patients having to undergo months or even years of treatment with traditional metal braces or other oral appliances.
Cosmetic dentist Margaret Mitchell is pleased to offer instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers at her Chicago, IL dental spa to suitable candidates for this time-saving treatment. Patients emerge from treatment with teeth that are not only straighter and more uniform, but also whiter and free from cosmetic flaws such as chips, cracks, and discoloration. Because Dr. Mitchell uses only the highest-quality medical-grade porcelain in her veneers, they are strong and highly durable, with the potential to last a decade or even longer with proper oral at-home oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist for professional cleanings and oral exams.
Are you a good candidate for instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers? To find out, please schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Margaret Mitchell at Mitchell Dental Spa today.
How Porcelain Veneers Can Serve as an Orthodontic Treatment
Dr. Mitchell customizes each patient’s porcelain veneers to complement his or her surrounding natural teeth in terms of their size, shape, color, and even texture. This helps to ensure that they will look completely natural and blend inconspicuously into the patient’s smile. Like tooth enamel, porcelain is translucent, meaning that it allows some light to pass through its surface rather than simply reflecting all light off of its surface. This contributes to the natural appearance of porcelain as a dental restoration material.
When bonded to the front surfaces of teeth, porcelain veneers can conceal a variety of cosmetic imperfections, including chips, cracks, stains, and inconsistencies in width, length, shape, and orientation. It is in the correction of these latter inconsistencies that porcelain veneers can serve as a sort of instant orthodontic treatment. Dr. Mitchell can strategically craft the veneers so that they:
- Fill gaps between teeth: If your teeth are separated by gaps, Dr. Mitchell can place veneers that widen the teeth to fill these gaps, resolving this most common of orthodontic problems.
- Improve the bite: Malocclusion, or a bad bite, is one of the most common orthodontic issues. The bite refers to the manner in which the top and bottom rows of teeth come together. By placing veneers that enable the top and bottom teeth to meet perfectly, Dr. Mitchell can dramatically improve the bite.
- Correct minor crookedness: Veneers can be customized to make teeth appear more properly oriented in the mouth so that they all face in the proper direction, correcting minor crookedness.
Learn about Instant Orthodontics with Porcelain Veneers
If you would like to learn more about instant orthodontics with porcelain veneers, including whether you are a good candidate for treatment, please contact Mitchell Dental Spa today.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Dental Veneers and Laminates
- Dental Veneers: Cost and Quality
- Are You a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
- Smile Makeover Candidates
- Improving Your Smile for Senior Pictures, Photo Shoots